Tuesday, February 27, 2007

References and resources

These are the references and resources I used through the project. I'll try and keep this updated.

1) Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintainance by Lennard Zinn (ver. 2) - A reference book on bike repair, kind of like a Chiltons for bikes. Useful for the standard bike stuff such as bottom brackets and forks and removing stuck seatposts. I chose the book on road bikes as opposed to the mountain bike edition because fixies have more to do with road bikes than mountain bikes (plus, I already had the mountain bike one and half of the book deals with shocks, which fixies don't have).

2) Chuck - a guy who has built a fixie before and knows a lot about bikes. I would recommend you find your own Chuck, not necessarily a guy who has built a fixie before, but would be able to answer your bike questions especially on buying things and if you have any problems that your reference book isn't clear about/doesn't talk about.

3) Dad - a handyman. Probably knows a fair amount about bikes, more general knowledge though. Such as how to prevent rust, or clean things, or get a seatpost unstuck.

No comments: